Friday, May 8, 2015

If you could describe cancer as a person....

So yesterday, 07may15, just to keep our chronology correct, I saw this cancer movie. It was called "Wrong way to Hope" and documented this group of young adult patients (YAPs) has they kayaked down a river.  

It was really interesting to see their experience and know I'm doing something similar with First Descents in June. So that should be cool. One thing they did was create a focus for each day.   

One of their discussions through that was " if cancer was a person how would you describe them? " 

I liked this idea since I think of cancer both in the physical and metaphysical sense. I mean it a person or animal because it grows inside of you. But it also a metaphysical thing because it Fucks with you in a number of mental and non tangible ways. Which is harder to quantify  So here is my list with a few explainstion can  

Forcefully giving, in the way in which forces you to confront stuff early in life or probably a lot easier than I would ever do on my own.

Invader 
Supreme bitch
Demanding
Life altering 
Intense 
Hard to please 
Boot camp sergeant 

The other image that always has been coming to mind is from a book "the devil wears prada" the character of Mirand. 
Who is one tough bitch, but in the shows you things about yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment