Thursday, May 21, 2015

Things I learned from the avon39

16may15-17may15

This past weekend I attempted to complete my first Avon 39 2 day walk.  I admittedly had a hard time getting in some training walks so I was nervous about it anyway. I mean 39 miles over 2 days is meant to be hard. So I knew it was going to be. Let's say it did not go well. At all, but in doing it I learned a few things to carry on for the next one. 

- walking with a buddy is so much more fun
- do long training walks (even if it feels weird to say training and walk in the same sentence ) 
- don't walk in 2 year old shoes... Even if they feel ok 
- change your socks way more often than you think
- drink more Gatorade
- it's ok to cancel if the universe throws you 2 unexpected things the week before
- finishing is finishing even if you take the bus

It was a hard and emotional weekend, but I'm glad I did it. And maybe one year in the future I'll do it again with a little more knowledge under my belt


And the pink tent village : totally cute even if. I didn't sleep there 

What I looked like after day 1 








No comments:

Post a Comment