Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another Hero in the Bag

Today we did "Micheal" hero WOD.  I had meant to look last night to see what it was but didn't so when i woke up I saw this.

Michael (Time)
3 Rounds for time of:
800m Run
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups
Skill Work
15 minutes of Muscle-up practice

I definitely had an OH CRAP moment. My back has been twingy since tuesday.  I think from the dumb bell snatches so I didn't really want to push it.  Cause back stuff is always a long recovery if you do something really stupid.  But of course I went, partially cause I wanted to and partially due to the new policy of charging you if you don't show up.  So I guess there is the motivation for that. The only thing I don't like about the policy is the fact that going to the morning class I sometimes have to decide before I know the workout.  Which is slightly annoying since sometime I may be really wanting to go to CF but really sore in one part of the body, like today.  But I mustered through.  

I did one modification, only 25 back extensions.  Which helped.  I'm definitely really sore in the back but I think its just tired.  So I think "we're good". 

That being said I finished in 30:24....WOOHOO!!!

There was technically a 30 min time cap but I was so close I basically said I'm finishing, and since we still had time in class they let me.  Dance party.  

And for those who are wondering why its called a hero WOD.... here is the story of Micheal.  Now you'll understand :) 


In honor of Navy Lieutenant Michael McGreevy, 30, of Portville, NY, who was killed in Afghanistan June 28.
With heavy hearts we offer our prayers and condolences to his wife, Laura, and 14-month-old daughter, Molly.
The price of freedom, and its worth, is found in Michael�s passing. The debt owed to Michael and his family can never be repaid but only honored by remembering Michael and remaining free.


No comments:

Post a Comment