Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

What a year. I basically have no words to discribe all that has gone down.  There has been highs and lows. Growths and disappointments. And here we are on the last day of 2014, looking back but also looking forward. 

First a summary of 2014. 

The year started with a bang, literally. I went to 2 NYE parties that week. Which was something new. And an interesting experience.  Yoga Teacher training started shortly after that and it was a whirl wind from basically the first day.  I had a slight inside track from knowing so many people that had done it so when I had to teach on the first day it wasn't a complete shock.  In this wonderful vortex came the cancer diagnosis. It's word a that you never want to hear and especially never want to hear twice. I mean seriously.  But even the diagnosis as brought some interesting turns throughout the year. The spring and summer were treatment heavy and hospital heavy with dad joining me in a medical mess when he had a stroke on June 14th.  So let's say everything between February and about October is a bit of a blur. I know CC became a college grad and moved to NC. Congrats to my sis for becoming a real grown up (or employed grown up.... Juries still out on when one truly grows up)  and I finished treatment and Dad came home.  The final months of the year were still very much in recoop mode. I mean that's allowed I think.  With a wonderful trip to see stanley and Ricky (not the same trip) rounded out with me cooking the pork this year and getting pneumonia for NYE. So, it's been a whirlwind year. 

It's amazing to me that even in this mirriad of a storm of both good and bad, so much reflection has happened and I actually feel somewhat more intune with myself in ways that I never had before. Granted I still forget but I am much more aware of what I want the ideal to be. 

I am in the very beginnings of a career change. I have known for awhile that I didn't like what I was doing but it's finally solidified into something I think I could love. I'm a lot braver. I know I need to take things slow, especially since getting sick in December I have the reminder to listen to my bodies sudle suggestions to take it easy. Then I can hopefully avoid my body putting on the emergency brake and getting really sick. I know how I want to approaching romantic life and have started to work toward that, and I know I am mentally and physically stronger then I'll ever give myself credit for, but maybe sometimes it's ok to toot your own horn.... And taking it easy on day does not have any baring on your total stretgth quotient as a person. I've met a lot of amazing people in 2014 and I hope 2015 brings further development with those relationships.  

And finally I want 2015 to continue to develop myself.  Some words I keep in mind frequently. 

Calm, peace, love, strength, balance, back bone, smooth, let go. 

Through this year I will continue to journey into the relative unknown. I will play the "long game" and realize that even if you take the slow route you still get to where you're going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment