Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Why phone a friend is awesome

Ok this post is kind of just for me, but here we go. Actually they are all just for me... So there :-p 

Anyway, it was recently brought to my attention that I diminished an accomplishment because I had the help of a friend. Actually it was that a friend talked me out of doing something that could have been emotionally pretty devastating.  And though the end result, was the good emotionally healthy result, which is really the important part of the whole cenerio I shluffed it off because I had help. 

That is what's annouying about our culture. There is nothing wrong with asking for help and actually it's better. I mean more brains, more hands more eyes the better. Right? I still have my own conscious thought and ability to reason but there is nothing wrong with taking a pollin sample before making a decision.  And frequently it can lead to making the better decision, more true to self choice. 

In this case and probably many other bad  decisions, I made them while trying to be someone that I am not. It's more important to accept the way you are and your nature and realize that's ok. There is no reason to try and prove something to someone that really isn't you. If you're bothered be bothered, and don't pretend otherwise. 

So I realized that it doesn't matter how you get to the right decision. Just that you get there, and if you had to lean on someone to do it. Then more power to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment