Monday, November 11, 2013

Wanderlust is over... Final thoughts

Amazingness. That's my final thought. I am sitting here infront of the airport waiting a bit to go through security and enjoying the Texas weather and semi fresh air..... Tired to away from the smokers. And I feel great.  I had been letting the stress of life and my own making get in the way and I think this trip came at the perfect time. I feel cleansed, rejuivinated, and happy. Ready to float home on the yoga cloud and take on the day.  I'm thankful I found yoga and found this festival. The physical practice is so emotional and a lot healthier emotionally then say... Crossfit... Yes I said it. Though I will always believe that "badass" practice has a good place as well.  But yoga gives so much more balance and peace then crossfit ever will and for that I'm thankful I found it. And if you have the opportunity to go to a wanderlust festival. Go, just go... You won't regret it. 

You can see why I don't want to go inside quite yet. Between that and my newly aquirred dj drez album I am a happy traveler. 

On a different note my last meal in Austin was amazing... Thanks to the recommendation of Sarah. I went to moonshine grill. It was tasty. I'm glad I commited to going cause there was a wait, but that is the sign of a good restaurant... Lots of people on a Sunday. 

They had really interesting things, including interesting cocktails.. There was something that was basically a cranberry martini with champagne. I didn't end up trying it because I was so tired I knew it would go straight to my head. And i was still dealing with the effects of the detox class from the morning.  I did get cornflake crusted chicken salad and a side of Mac and cheese, which had a bacon flavor to it. Both were excellent. And well worth the wait. It was also fun sitting at the bar, since that's not something I typically do... Since I'm not usually alone.  One mistake... Got to a gross part of the Aron ralston story while eating... Willies abounded. 

All in all a Great trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment