Saturday, April 5, 2014

Yoga teacher training wk 9

04apr14-06apr14

I can't believe that it's almost over. I mean it's been going on for a long time and I can't believe that I will be a "graduated" yoga teacher in another week. I mean crazy.  I don't feel ready, and I know I'm going to have to dive in and continue to practice and learn. But it's so weird to think I'm going to be teaching real people in real classes really soon. YIKES!!! 

So of course with the impending end of training what does that mean for training weekend, oh you guessed it. LOTS of practice teaching.  Apparently they started teaching the flow in chunks but going all the way through so that's cool. Friday we went through more anatomy and modifications for injuries. Which is really important because you need to know how go keep people safe in your class. It always ok to say you don't know but the more that you know the better off you'll be. 

Saturday brought teaching in chunks. The cool thing about this method is that I got to teach twice in one day. Which of course was stressful but fun too, twice the practice in the same day.   I noticed a big difference between the two times. I wouldn't say that either were great, but it brought up different things. Mainly I notice a big difference when I'm not grounded. Which is a really good thing to know. I think I'm at the point now where I need to notice what makes things feel off so that I can work to change that the next time. I mean certain times you are going to be off but it's good to know what that feels like. 

Sunday was a bit of a mishmash of things. We started off with a meditation. Which was nice, the more practice with those the easier it is. Did some practice teaching, I had to do the damn triangle series again. I think my main problem is I find the whole thing kind of awkward. I mean it starts off ok and then goes in an order that seems extremely unnatural to me. The one major good thing about that is I know it is weird to others cause when we first were learning it then other teachers had trouble explaining it how it's written in the manual.  So I know it's not just me. 

After we were done a few of us went to Masa for dinner. Yummy food and really great company. And as if we really didn't want it to end, there may have been a return to prana for the community class. Oh yeh... It happens... Yoga forever, and Mondays suck so let's avoid it as long as possible. 

It was an amazing and long weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment