Monday, May 28, 2012

Din Din

I'm determined to cook more good food.  Now that I'm on the other side of recovery I need to get back on the bandwagon for health and fitness.  So I'm slowly going to be titrating down on the carbs and sugar.  I actually read something interesting today at a Biggest Loser Winners blog about how she does treats.  Which I may instigate.  It is soon the beginning of a new month so it seems like a good time to try the once a month treat option.  Lets just say I may have to trek it to mikes pastries, next month if I can get there.

But in addition to trying to cut back on carbs and sugar I am also making an effort to cook more.  So I'm going to document it and make it fun for me.

On today's menu was ground turkey with Brussels spruates (ok I can't spell that word).  With onions, pesto, oregano and garlic.




Roasted asparagus with olive oil, oregano and paprika ( NOT pictured )

Not pictured were steamed green beans and tomato sauce.  I cheated with the steaming... it was one of those frozen steam fresh bags.  But still worked. 

I also had a fiber one chocolate and oats bar

Ok So the system isn't perfect yet.  But those are better than a candy bar ;-)


And the best thing about cooking...lunch for tomorrow is 90% done :)
Oh leftovers how do I love thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment