Thursday, March 20, 2014

Support

19march14 

Yesterday I went to a young people with cancer support group and really liked it. There were people dealing with all types of cancer at all different stages of treatment. I was one of the people closer to the beginning, but I was also only one of two in round 2. So it was really interesting. 

The main thing I got out of it was the your feelings are normal. We discussed things like everyone around feels like they're moving through life and cancer sort of feels like a holding pattern. It's the extreme feeling of hurry up and wait. It's like they lay all these things that are happening to you out in front of you, and you just have to wait for them to happen, like watching toy soldiers walk by.  And how hard it is to just trust that what's happening will work out. 

We discussed careers. Like feeling stuck or disenchanted. Which is something I've definitely felt. I mean I don't HATE what I do. But I far from love it. And I especially feel that given this chance I am meant to do something special. Or at the very least should love what I do. 

I could go on and on, but the main thing is that it made me feel like I'm in this with others and that there are people that truly  get it.  All good things 

No comments:

Post a Comment