Happy 2013 Everyone!!!
Today has been a good start to 2013. Very relaxing and rejuvenating. Which I guess is a good way to start off the year. Let me recap last nights festivities.
I was in Providence with K, and we went to her cousin's party. It was an interesting weekend because I have been kind of sick. So between the recent snow storm in the north east and that I spent a lot of time in the car over the last 4 days. So yesterday I actually spent the entire day driving to and from Boston to go to the Doctors....fun right? I don't have pneumonia so that was good but it was definitely getting bad enough that I wanted a medical opinion. Much to my mother's chagrin I did not stay in Boston on Sunday after having an extra day at the parental's on Saturday due to snow. But I slept so badly on sunday night that I made the trek up to Boston to get some drugs...and I did :) so all was good. I made it back to Providence with time to spare and headed over to the titanic themed new years party. It was a lot of fun, though i was pretty not talkative because well too much talking and I'd just cough....so not really worth it. But I had a good time regardless. We rung in the new year and then snuggled till the morning.
I woke up to a lovely breakfast before I had to get back into the car and drive home. Since theoretically I have to go to work tomorrow :( I know sad right. So i wanted to come back with enough time to rest and re-rejuvenate to have the best chance to go in tomorrow. Not that I really care since we now have unlimited sick days. It just looks really really bad to be sick after a 4 day weekend. I did ask the doctor for a work note so at least I can have some proof if I get anything weird about it. But we'll see in the morning.
Today has also given me the chance to reflect on 2012. IT was admittedly kind of a shitty year for a great deal of it. But in thinking about it the second half of the year was pretty damn good so I'm definitely feeling fortunate and I think my fortunes are looking up.
Recap in semi-chronolgical order
- Jan 13. 2012. - started chemotherapy (that was fun..and I post boned a week so that I wouldn't start on my birthday)
- End of Jan - port put in - first experience with Cardio dept
- Jan 30, 2012 - became Full time at Biogen Idec
- Beginning of March - Finished Chemo - HURRAY
- End of March - Final Reconstruction completed - Another HURRAY
- JUNE 1st 2012 - moved to Cambridge !!!!
- First two weekends in JUNE - took Prana Power Yoga assistant training and LOVED IT
- Mid July - Went to Nashville to visit S and T
- Aug - became full time assistant for A's hour of power yoga class...let the Friday night parties begin.
- Mid Aug - Went on First Date with K
- Mid Aug - Went to Cirque du Soleil with S
- Sept 2nd 2012 - K asked me to go Steady :)
- Nov 24 - Dec 9 - trip to London , and Oslo - Awesometastic
- Dec 20th (ish ) - Nutcracker at Boston Ballet
- Dec 25 2012 - K and T first pj christmas party :)
- Dec 31 2012 - Sink 2012 NYE party
And that is all... Bring it on 2013....I'm ready for you.